16 Apr Make sure you have perfect photos for the cabin crew interview
When you fill in the cabin crew application you must attach two types of digital photographs of yourself:
- One passport-type photograph
- One full-length photograph
However, when you go to the job interview, you should also have these pictures printed and attached to your resume.
What size should the photographs be?
Usually, each company will specify this on their website, the moment they update the information about the recruiting session. However, most of the times, they require a passport-type photograph (i.e. 3.5 X 4.5 cm) and a full-length one (13 X 18 cm.).
Be sure when you upload these pictures in the on-line application they do not exceed the 500 kB limit and also, they are formatted in the .jpeg type.
- smile authentically
- your smile could be either closed or open mouth
- do not raise your eyebrows
- make sure your face and your sight are camera-oriented
- make sure your hands and legs fit the picture
- do not cross your legs
- do not wear glasses or colored contact lenses
Tips for taking the photos:
- the background should be one-color (usually white)
- sufficiently illuminated pictures are preferred
- the picture must be taken at your height level
- the picture must be clear and at a high resolution
- both photographs should be taken at the same time s o as not to be upsettingly different
- the full-length photo must show your full body, including the shoes.
In these pictures you can see three former How to be cabin crew students, currently flight attendants at different airlines.
The outfit you take your pictures in should match the one you will be wearing when going to the interview.
- Deux-pieces black/blue/grey/brown/black green suit.
- Shirt, preferably a white one or in a light colour (beige, ligt blue, light pink, not trasparent)
- Knee-length skirt
- Leg-colored stockings
- Dark colored High heels, preferably matching the color of the suit
- Engagement ring, wedding ring, pearl earrings or a small, transparent rock and a small watch
- If your hair is short, comb it neatly; if your hair is shoulder-length or longer, you need to have a bun
- Wear natural make-up, appropriate to your color complexion.
- Blue, black or dark grey suit, only thin stripes are accepted.
- Classic, collar, long sleeves shirt, preferably white
- Simple tie, the color matching the suit
- Belt, socks and shoes necessarily matching the suit color
- Attentively polished shoes
- Short, neat hair
- The only accepted accessories – wedding ring/engagement ring and watch.
After applying for a job as cabin crew, the photographs you have taken will bear much importance in the recruiting process. They will be shown to the HR department of the company after the Assessment Day. Only after the application form is fully-completed and studied, will the final response be given. Make sure it proves you are the candidate they’ve been looking for!