Have you always wondered what is the secret by which cabin crew look so fresh and flawless even after a long flight? The answer is simple: because beauty is part of the job. Of course, every woman has a set of beauty secrets that they use but flight attendants stand among a thousand women through perfect makeup, hairstyle, and finally because of their elegant outfits.
They are admired every time they put on their uniforms and step into the airport. They are loved and many women want to be like them. They are beautiful and remain so for 10-20 years. Flight attendants look great every time and every day, even after 15 hours of flight. How do they do that? Especially when a cabin crew’s schedule includes night flights, little rest and irregular meals? These ladies are distinguished by flawless makeup, enviable outfits, surprising attitude, a wide smile and a gentle gaze that will conquer millions of passengers. Below, you can find some beauty tricks directly from flight attendants.
Makeup is extremely important for a flight attendant. Always, while flying, you need to look your best, even after long flying hours. This is the main reason why high quality makeup products are in high demand. It seems like these women don’t ever age and this is true, mainly because they follow the steps below for a close to perfection appearance.
- Skin care is essential for cabin crew
Flight attendants use very hydrating creams during flights in order to prevent skin dehydration while they are up in the clouds. The makeup products that are mandatory in the aviation industry are: foundation, eyeshadow, eyeliner or eye pencil, mascara, blush, lipstick (the color depends on the company you’re working for) and nail polish. They keep their lips perfect with an intensely moisturizing conditioner, over which they apply the contour and their lipstick. They always apply it after a layer of gloss because they say that it looks much better.
- Stewardesses keep their makeup intact with thermal water spray
When flying on long routes, cabin crew refresh their look with a thermal water spray. In addition, they can hold cold bottles, a method that calms the skin and reduces inflammation around the eyes.
- The hair, which must always be caught in a bun, should never be fixed with hair spray (because in the dry environment of the plane, after 2 hours it will be full of dry peels), but with hair oil in order to keep it moisturized. The most recommended hair oil is argan, as it helps hydrating and nourishing in the depth of hair, while also being a natural product. The color of the hair must be natural or with two shades darker or lighter than the natural shade.
- Tattoos or piercings should not be visible while wearing the uniform.
- If the flight attendant is wearing glasses, they must have a thin, black, brown, silver or golden frame and have no stones or other attached accessories (each airline imposes its own rules on the accepted spectacle model). Wearing a watch is mandatory when flying, but stones or very large dials are not acceptable. Only one single ring is allowed on each hand. Recommended earrings should not exceed the earlobe and dental appliances of any kind are strictly forbidden.
- The uniform is always business. Most of the outfits both from large airlines and from low-cost airlines require the presentation of a stewardess / steward’s business image. Color differs from one company to another. The shirt is impeccable, and the skirt offers an allure of the flight attendant’s femininity. The steward’s costume communicates a sense of security and professionalism to the passengers.
TAKE CARE OF YOUR HEALTH!
Flight attendants take care of their health through the following rituals:
Antioxidant regime is beneficial to beauty. Even if they are tired, cabin crew revive their skin instantly by including antioxidants in their diet. The first face-lift foods are peppers, thanks to their high content of vitamin C. Also, currants, salmon and avocados can do wonders for your skin.
The importance of hydration during flight: the secret of fresh skin doesn’t consist much in an effective cream, but in a proper hydration. But you have to be careful of what you drink! Cabin crew avoid drinking carbonated drinks that only bloom instead of mitigating the thirst. They instead choose lemon water and natural herbal teas.
Health and skin care routine countines after landing: Flight attendants continue their beauty ritual even when they are on the ground. Once you get to the hotel, it’s important that you never skip the cleansing ritual and take care of your body and complexion with serums and hydrating oils.
The outfit combines perfectly with the attitude towards their beloved job. The makeup, uniform, hairstyle, but especially the attitude outlines what we call today “Flight attendant, a perfect lady.” And do not forget: your smile opens doors and fulfills the desires up in the clouds.